• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone here play MW2? (Call of Duty)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
I just love it! It's so fun online, my total playtime is over 5 days, 120 hrs of it and far from bored! I'm guessing there will be a few on here that play it, pretty much everyone that owns a PS3/360 plays it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yep, but just the single player. I've been through it twice now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I hate this game. The guy on the couch does nothing but play this and it's really annoying. I totally regret buying it and almost snapped it in half one night. Thank god he's moving out in a day. I might learn to enjoy it after that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I play it all the time, it's one of my most played games on Steam (it and torchlight have the top spots), but I play multiplayer most of the time.

Of course, I don't play it on a console - PC only - I've never liked FPS games on consoles.

It and torchlight are the two main reasons I dual boot my Mac Pro. Although I do have a gaming laptop now to bring to lan parties and such, so ultimately I plan on setting it up with the extra input on my screen so I don't have to dual boot my Mac any more..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Yup, I love it. Second favourite game of 2009. On level 41 on my first prestige right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I play it all the time, it's one of my most played games on Steam (it and torchlight have the top spots), but I play multiplayer most of the time.

Of course, I don't play it on a console - PC only - I've never liked FPS games on consoles.

It and torchlight are the two main reasons I dual boot my Mac Pro. Although I do have a gaming laptop now to bring to lan parties and such, so ultimately I plan on setting it up with the extra input on my screen so I don't have to dual boot my Mac any more..

Do you ever have issues of overheating and freezing? I can barely play any games on my MBP (15" unibody) without them overheating the thing and freezing it. Booted in Windows of course.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To be honest - I mostly play on my Mac Pro since I mostly use my MacBook at work in place of my work computer.

But I've played some Modern Warfare, and some Aion on my MacBook (using windows via Bootcamp), and it does get toasty, but I've not had any freezes yet. There were one or two times I did get concerned tho as it didn't sound like the fan kicked into high gear when I thought it should.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I have the PS3 version. If you suck as bad as I do please send me a PM and we can look like idiots together.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I have the PS3 version. If you suck as bad as I do please send me a PM and we can look like idiots together.

I've honestly only played it a couple of times but the best custom class I've come across so far is the one I named "***tastic Voyage".

You get the perk that allows you to sprint indefinitely, the commando perk which lets you have a greater kill range with the knife, and the light weight perk. Basically you sprint around the map, trying to stay out of the open, and knife anyone you can. With out shooting, I usually can end up within the top 3-5 consistently for most every free for all maps.

I rarely shoot anyone unless it's with the pistol. Trying to get the tactical knife.

OP
Mint
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
Oh cool, so people do play it on here. I probably need to take this to the desktop section but I have been wanting to use my 27" iMac as a monitor ever since I got it. I know that Apogee have announced that they have created an adapter but as far as I'm aware they haven't told us the release date or price. Oh and if anyone plays MW2 on PS3, add my account "AK-Boss". :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I've honestly only played it a couple of times but the best custom class I've come across so far is the one I named "***tastic Voyage".

You get the perk that allows you to sprint indefinitely, the commando perk which lets you have a greater kill range with the knife, and the light weight perk. Basically you sprint around the map, trying to stay out of the open, and knife anyone you can. With out shooting, I usually can end up within the top 3-5 consistently for most every free for all maps.

I rarely shoot anyone unless it's with the pistol. Trying to get the tactical knife.

I hate people that do this! I have a huge gun and I keep getting killed by someone with a small knife! Come on! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have several builds that I play often, mostly swapping because I find myself having trouble with a build on a given map.

I have 1 knifing build - it's got Marathon Pro, Lightfoot Pro, Commando Pro (this one is my favorite, not for the extended knife range, but the fall without damage is pretty awesome)

I have a few stealth builds (mostly for different weapons) that are either Bling Pro or Slight of Hand Pro, Cold Blooded (I'm pretty sure I have this one Pro too), Ninja Pro

Then I have a few straggler builds that use Stopping power or Hardline for my second perk and steady aim pro on the third.

I have trouble with a lot of guns tho - many people seem to be able to kill me with one or two shots from the guns I use but it takes me quite a few more rounds to kill someone - really rather annoying.

Of course, also, on the PC world, the Hacks are terrible (aimbots, wall hacks) that doesn't seem to be as much of a problem for the PS3/360 version. Worst thing IW did was take away dedicated servers for us PC people, basically took away our one tool for dealing with cheaters when the anti hack didn't work (anti hack on MW2 being Valve Anti Cheat which sucks) Plus it's kinda annoying HAVING to have an internet connection when you're playing with friends on a lan for a lan party. Really restricts where one can have a lan party to somewhere with a decent net connection that is willing to share.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
I love love love this game. I won't give anything away but the final moments of the single player campaign are amazing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I love love love this game. I won't give anything away but the final moments of the single player campaign are amazing!
I havn't gotten that far as I just got it, but like the 4th one in, I think completely badass, not the airport one, and after the chase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
i just tried online... i am horrible... >.< lol i went through the campaign a few times first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
fall 09 macbook
I love that game. Right now I'm a 38 on XBL (FOREIGN FEELING) but I created a knife only character which I'm gonna start playing alot (KNIFIN since 93)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
I only play the single player campaign. I'm not good enough to play online, too frustrating getting rocked all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I play it single player. I would like to play it on LAN, but there is no option for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I got my tacitcal knife this weekend. I totally rocked everyone for a couple of games after that.

It's great knifing some one that's chasing some, just to knife the person they're chasing and immediately turn the corner and knife the person that was about to shoot at the second person you've knifed.

I get a lot of people complaining and getting angry when I do stuff like that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.