• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just bought the best mac

D

dlisle20

dual 2.7Ghz G5, 2*30" cinema diplays, 256 ultra ddl, 8GB RAM, airport, bluetooth, wireless keyboard and mouse... this is the best machine i've ever got in my life. Pretty cool huh? :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
wipes drool from floor. very nice. very jealous.

ttiwwp.gif

Reaction score
Thats pretty awesome, add a nice pair of speakers and I think you'll have a computer that cost more than my truck.

OP
D

dlisle20

its actually my company computer, so i can only use it at the office, but I can always secretly play doom 3...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
*** that is a mega machine :headphone

smooth... dsisle20, real smooth

OP
E

EvoMac

2 30 inch monitors wow... do you plan on editing a highway billboard - actual size :mac:

Must see pics!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
*inflexion thinks that you should steal it when it arrives but sign for it with the boss' signiture :D

Reaction score
Please send pics AS SOON as it arrives.

Post them in the Official Setup Thread.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
dlisle20 said:
sorry, can't really get pics, but here is what it looks like:

That's great, if you got some money to burn. I know, what I would use it for. School work on one screen, widgets and games on the other. :cool:

OP
I

IChing

What a supercomputer, drool, slobber, drool again.
If you have doom III what are you fps?

OP
E

EvoMac

Amazing, simply amazing... now get that BT keyboard and mouse hooked up

and feel free to give up the exact location, security code / badge, and a good time when no people are around so that we can umm... peruse that particular desk ;)

Honestly, awsome setup!

Reaction score
ok so what is your job, and any chance you got any vacancies????

But seriuosly, what are you doing that requires that much screen?

OP
M

meltbanana314

Planning on doing some genome sequencing, I see...

Just kidding. Enjoy your new supercomputer, mate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Yeah, very awesome computer! I've been planning on getting a Powermac soon, I'd probably do the same model, but with only 4GB Ram and one screen.

Thats pretty awesome, add a nice pair of speakers and I think you'll have a computer that cost more than my truck.

It's sad, but true. I am often amazed at the amount of "worth" in stuff I have. I gig on my saxophone for fun on the weekends, and I joke that I put $8000 worth of saxes, with a $2800 laptop, into a $5000 car, to go to a gig that pays $50. But, thats why my main job is graphics design!

wow, those screens do look awesome next to each other btw....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
simply amazing. I personally feel that the 30" display is overkill unless you truly need it, I am planning on buying a beautiful g5 soon, I hope, it will be great, but I can't see using a 30" to its fullest potential, so I'll get a 17" or 20".

OP
E

EvoMac

Macman said:
simply amazing. I personally feel that the 30" display is overkill unless you truly need it, I am planning on buying a beautiful g5 soon, I hope, it will be great, but I can't see using a 30" to its fullest potential, so I'll get a 17" or 20".

The CompUSA near my house has 1 30 inch on display there and standing within 2-3 feet of it pretty much gives me a headache after staring for about a minute or so. The display is just so large its kinda overkill.

That's with just one, imagine having 2 side by side

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
have u ever watched a tennis match?..i wonder how much your eyes have to travel looking at the screens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
Lush, do you have Tiger on it?

Btw, were do you live? (Plans on stealing mac)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.