Art Explosion 750,000 (Nova Development)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini,Ver.10.14.6, 3.6 GHz Intel Core i3, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
I hope I'm posting this in the right area. This is the second Art Explosion 750,000 I bought and it does not work. The first one the installation disk kept ejecting on it's own. This one installed the Portfolio Browser, but it doesn't work. I keep getting messages such as: "Portfolio Browser quit unexpectedly". Then I could view a report which could be sent to Apple. Or I would get another message: "Unsupported Format". I installed the correct version - "If you are running OS X 10.2" - I have OS X 10.6.2. Does anyone know if this program is compatible or am I just wasting my time trying to make it work. I bought another program but I don't want to try installing it until I know this one should work. I can return it for a refund if it is unopened. The Art Explosion I won't get a refund (just a store credit) which really annoys me because it was a little pricey. :[

Reaction score
I believe one of the requirements is a Power-PC and you have an Intel one. Check the requirements on the box again. I checked on the site under system requirements (Art Explosion 750,000 | Clip Art Software)
and here is what I saw:
Any PowerPC-based Macintosh computer running System 7.5 or later. The reference to 10.2 is because I believe Power-PCs can run up to and including 10.5.x. Maybe by explaining to them them will refund your money...or not.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini,Ver.10.14.6, 3.6 GHz Intel Core i3, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
The box says Power PC or Intel Mac. I'm bringing it back anyway. I bought another ClipArt program (ClipArt&More) and the requirements say Mac OS X. Will I have a problem with this one too?

Reaction score
The box says Power PC or Intel Mac. I'm bringing it back anyway. I bought another ClipArt program (ClipArt&More) and the requirements say Mac OS X. Will I have a problem with this one too?

I don't know. Did you check the customer reviews of ClipArt&More at Buy.com or Amazon? Don't think I'd buy it, but don't know what I would get. Good luck.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm bringing that back too. I read reviews on it and they were not good. Also this appears to be an older application and I'm sure it will not work on my Mini mac. At least this one, I didn't open the box and won't have a problem with a full refund. With the Art Explosion 750,000 I may have a little resistance, but I feel I should get a full refund and not a store credit since this program isn't compatible with my computer. No one at that store seems to know anything. The sales people assume since I have a Mac, all Mac programs will run OK. But there is an Intel Mac, which they aren't aware of. Wish me luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.