Help setting up Mail

D

DVD Guy

I have a G4 and now a new man mini. I am trying to use mail and am as certain as I can be everthing is set up exactly as it is on my pc, but I keep getting this message.

This message could not be delivered and will remain in your Outbox until it can be delivered.

The sender address [email protected] was rejected by the server

Any suggestions?

OP
D

DVD Guy

And it tells me my password is incorrect....even after I changed it to verify I was using the right password. ARRRGGGGGG!!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am assuming you are using comcast as your isp.

Account Type: POP
Description: [email protected]
Email Address: [email protected]
Full Name: My name
Incoming Mail Server: mail.comcast.net
User Name: myname
Password: ********
: smtp.comcast.net

These are the setting for the myname user account. Also be sure your password is entered correctly. An example MyName is not the same as myname or MYNAME.

OP
D

DVD Guy

That is exactly how I have it configured except in the password box I only have the oassword, not the smtp information. I am supposed to put that in the password area?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
DVD Guy said:
That is exactly how I have it configured except in the password box I only have the oassword, not the smtp information. I am supposed to put that in the password area?

Read this URL Carefully. Follow the instructions. That should solve it for you!

http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=EmailMail_(Mac)17746

Reaction score
Always follow the info on your ISP's website. You can usually find a page on how to configure POP or IMAP access for a variety of E-mail Programs if you look around a bit. And since each ISP is different, each mail account needs to be configured differently.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The smtp.comcast.net is for your outgoing mail server. Looks like I forgot to to enter that part.

OP
D

DVD Guy

I got it..thanks. I was entering all of the correct information, but could not get it to work. The I deleted the account, started over and it works fine now. Thanks for all of the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.