keychain password

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
Just bought a used powerbook of ebay yesterday. i got mail to work. today for some reason i can get into my email. it keep asking me for my keychain password. i changed the name of my home folder and i think this might be why im having trouble. can i please get some help?
thanks
joe

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
section8joe said:
Just bought a used powerbook of ebay yesterday. i got mail to work. today for some reason i can get into my email. it keep asking me for my keychain password. i changed the name of my home folder and i think this might be why im having trouble. can i please get some help?
thanks
joe

Oh! Change your home folder back to the original name. Some of your apps may have a hard to functioning properly.

Reaction score
my neighbor has the same problem, everytime he goes to his mail box, it asks for the password, he bought the mac from a friend and his friend doesnt know it.

How can he fix this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
cooljoe815 said:
my neighbor has the same problem, everytime he goes to his mail box, it asks for the password, he bought the mac from a friend and his friend doesnt know it.

How can he fix this problem?
I'd recommend he back up everything and perform an "Archive and Install" without the "preserve users and network settings" option.

That will give him a new OS install while leaving any apps he has installed. He can then set up his own user account(s).
BUT, it won't save any of his personal files, so he should be careful to back those up beforehand.

Reaction score
Archive and install , is that under utilities? And does he need the original discs? I dont think he has them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
cooljoe815 said:
Archive and install , is that under utilities? And does he need the original discs? I dont think he has them.
He'd need the original discs. If he didn't get one, and there wasn't a fresh OS install on that machine, then he got cheated when he got that Mac.

He could always buy a new OS CD from Apple or someone....

Reaction score
My next question was( he definitely doesnt have the OS Disc) , can you use any OS disc of an old computer?
I just got a new Mac G5 with Tiger , I know I cant use mine but my best friend son has an old mac , can he use his( it has Panther which is what my neighbor has)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.