Garage band 1.17gb file but no audio

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Heya,

Ok so heres my problem:

This afternoon I recorded a seminar (college student), using garage band. The garage band project file is 1.17gb but when i open it, no audio appears. When I try to play it, no audio levels are there.

I have attached a screenshot of the file info and garage band open so you can get a better idea.

Surely, if the project file is 1.17gb the audio must be somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need this recording.

Thank you

Screen shot 2009-12-17 at 16.51.02.png

Screen shot 2009-12-17 at 16.51.18.png

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
*bump* please help.

Reaction score
If there are truly audio files saved from there (which I'm assuming there is since 1.17GB shouldn't just come out of no where), then you should be able to right-click/control-click on the garageband file and there is something like "Show contents" or "Expand". I don't remember exactly off the top of my head what it is but it'll open the garageband file like it's a folder and you should be able to access your audio files from there. You could always re-import those into a project if nothing else.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Can you see the audio levels moving? If so, check the Master Track volume. If there is audio, but no volume, the volume for the Master track may be muted. Just throwing a suggestion out there.

Also, you cannot view the contents for a .band file, no option to do so.

Reaction score
I don't think his problem lies in volume levels because it appears that there is nothing to play in the tracks from the screenshot he posted. Also, it's strange that the length says only 4 seconds especially after you claimed to have recorded a bunch of stuff.
(Picture 1)

If there really was audio files recorded, in the past I've been able to access them like I told you. I'll attach some screenshots so unless Apple has changed how their .band files work with newer versions of Garageband then you shouldn't have a problem.

Picture 2 shows you the menu where you click and Picture 3 shows you all of the audio files from the project. Unless you named the tracks before you recorded, many of the tracks' audio files will be named "No Effects X" like mine are. Best of luck to you!

Cheers

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.