Itunes play sound through different soundcard than system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I am wondering in snow leopard, if I can specify itunes to use a different soundcard than the system default.

Would like to have itunes play through my usb headset while gaming but not hear other system sounds through the headset (keeping the imac speakers as the system default)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.66GHz Quad-Core 8GB, Radeon 4870 * MacBook Pro 17" 3.06 Core 2 Duo, 8GB Ram * 64GB 3G iPad
Gort,

Your question brings up a good point. I have a Creative X-FI USB device driving my speaker system. If you set your system sounds to output to a different output, possibly the digital output, you won't hear them in your speakers ( connected to the line-out jack ) or your usb headset ( I would guess if they work like my X-Fi device.) My X-Fi is an actual usb external sound card so maybe your usb headphones don't show up as another device in your sound settings within the System Preferences?

dB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.