Add text to a photo in iPhoto?

B

badmojo

I have some digital pictures that I want to apply text to, not just label. iPhoto '04 doesn't seem to have a mechanism to do this, unless I'm missing something.

Does anyone know if iPhoto '05 let's you do this? If not, what would be a simple and inexpensive photo editing software for mac? Thanks in advance.

:black:

OP
V

vtupser

If you dont want to shell out the cash for PhotoShop (probably your best bet for putting on text and image manipulation) you can download Gimp which is free. The only thing is you need is X11 installed on your computer to use it.

OP
B

badmojo

vtupser said:
If you dont want to shell out the cash for PhotoShop (probably your best bet for putting on text and image manipulation) you can download Gimp which is free. The only thing is you need is X11 installed on your computer to use it.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
You can also use OmniGraffle (in applications). This came as installed software on my PowerBook G4. Works great. Import the picture, add your text, export as jpeg and then import back into iPhoto. That is what I used to make my signature image.

OP
B

badmojo

Update: In case anyone gives a da*n, I found a program called Live Quartz (http://www.livequartz.com/) and it's a perfect complement to iPhoto. You can do simple photo touchup, add text, create layers, etc. Check it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.