Display profiles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1373/picture1xz.png

Hi bro. I have a problem with display profiles. As you see, there are lots of profiles there. I did not add any profile (I do not know how to add). When I bought my mac, there were not so many profiles, as far as I remember, there were 3 profiles but now 8 profiles. Is it normal?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm going to assume the Adobe ones come from having an Adobe product installed. Do you have any part of the Creative Suite installed?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
I'm going to assume the Adobe ones come from having an Adobe product installed. Do you have any part of the Creative Suite installed?

Yes,bro. I recently installed adobe photoshop cs4 trial version then I uninstall it. At the same time, Adobe reader is still installed on my machine. How can I delete unnecessary profiles? Do these profiles give any harm to my baby?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
They won't cause any harm to you computer no.

If you want to delete the unnecessary profiles go to:

Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays > Color (Tab)

Select the profile you don't need and then just hit 'Delete Profile'. Then repeat until you only have the ones you need.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
They won't cause any harm to you computer no.

If you want to delete the unnecessary profiles go to:

Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays > Color (Tab)

Select the profile you don't need and then just hit 'Delete Profile'. Then repeat until you only have the ones you need.

I tried but delete button is invisible. I cannor click on it. I do not know which ones are needed. There were 3 profiles when I bought my mac. However, I do not remember. Can you post your colortab picture?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Just leave them alone. They hurt nothing. There is no problem. The space they take on the drive is inconsequential.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
You need to select a profile before the 'Delete Profile' button will be clickable.

I have CS4 installed on mine too so I can't help with regards to the default profiles but to be honest you may as well just leave them all on. Won't hurt anything. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
You need to select a profile before the 'Delete Profile' button will be clickable.

I have CS4 installed on mine too so I can't help with regards to the default profiles but to be honest you may as well just leave them all on. Won't hurt anything. :)

Even if I select the profile, I cannot delete. I afraid that these profile gives harm to my baby. If you say no harm, it is OK. Why do adobe photoshop add profiles? I think it is illogical. @martyp, do you have the same profiles?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
I have another question guys. I do not want to open new thread, I will continue from here. Can I add 'cut' option via terminal or something else?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Can't help with the cut command but can possibly shed some light on the rest of the post. Profiles are added by Photoshop, and some other programs, to aid in making sure that what is printed matches what is on the screen. Each profile has information about color temperature and other settings. Choosing a profile will change the colors on your display a bit until you choose a different profile. Don't worry that is what they are designed to do.

BTW when you tried to delete the other profiles were you working out of an "Administrator" account. Open System Preferences click the Accounts pane and check whether the account is "Admin" or Standard. I think you need to be in an administrator account to delete unwanted profiles.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
Can't help with the cut command but can possibly shed some light on the rest of the post. Profiles are added by Photoshop, and some other programs, to aid in making sure that what is printed matches what is on the screen. Each profile has information about color temperature and other settings. Choosing a profile will change the colors on your display a bit until you choose a different profile. Don't worry that is what they are designed to do.

BTW when you tried to delete the other profiles were you working out of an "Administrator" account. Open System Preferences click the Accounts pane and check whether the account is "Admin" or Standard. I think you need to be in an administrator account to delete unwanted profiles.

Thanks slydude, my account is admin. Yes, choosing a profile changes the colour on my display from blue to light blue. Even though I am admin, I cannot delete and this make me angry. In spite of uninstalling adobe photoshop cs4 via its uninstaller, I do not understand why adobe leaves its ruins behind. It is really irritating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I do not understand why adobe leaves its ruins behind. It is really irritating.

Mate dont let it upset you.. As posted earlier ^^ it really has no significance to the Mac you have. There will be know difference in performance and wont affect it in any way or form. If you let this worry you what will happen net time you find something that doesn't suit your needs.
I have CS4 and that same display only shows up when i connect to my external monitor ....

really is no problem being there .... Dont stress bout it

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
Mate dont let it upset you.. As posted earlier ^^ it really has no significance to the Mac you have. There will be know difference in performance and wont affect it in any way or form. If you let this worry you what will happen net time you find something that doesn't suit your needs.
I have CS4 and that same display only shows up when i connect to my external monitor ....

really is no problem being there .... Dont stress bout it

Thanks bro. As this is my first mac, I am a bit paranoid. I do not want anything that will give harm to my baby.:Blushing:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.