Question on ordering stuff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
ok so heres my situation. Im visually impaired and i just ALWAYS use dual monitors. Dual 17" Dell CRTs. So of corse when i bought the mac, the illustration showed 2 DVI ports. I had a DVI-VGA and they supplied one. Oh but of corse things arent that nice.

I get home find out 1 side is ADC, the other is DVI. So ive been reduced to 1 monitor for a good 3 weeks now. DRIVING ME INSAINE. I ordered a belkin ADC to DVI adaptor off of ebay. Oh but it wasnt that easy, it was DVI-D, and my DVI-to VGA adaptor wont fit.

So now i need an ADC to DVI/VGA PRONTO! I call up my local apple reseller, they have 1 left. Ok good. Problem is, be it i cant see i cant drive. So my girlfriend WAS going to get it for me yesterday, but she couldnt due to stupidity on the banks/mothers part. She works 2 stores down from apple so its no problem. But now, it looks as if i hafta wait until tmr. No biggie, but with the luck ive been given the past 3 months, i can almost guarentee it wont be there!

So what i wanna know is, when i get screwed and the last 1 is gone (there is no if!) can my gf place an order in the store and have it shipped to either of our houses within the 2 days? (it said 1 to 2 day shipping) It would be cash, as neither of us have credit cards.

If any of you use dual monitors you know what this is like! Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Sorry to hear that, but I don't think the 1 to 2 day shipping applies for out of stock store items (read: not online).

If you want, post the part number/model number and I can swing by my local Apple store and see what I can find. We can work something out later if I find it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
i appareciate the help. Shes going to work now, maybe ill get lucky?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.