TFT for use with mac mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2009
Hi all,

Am new to this forum although not new to macs at all.

I'm currently using an old Benq FP731 TFT with my mac mini.. and as happens to all of us when we see mac TFT screens we begin to think of swapping out the old with the new.

soo.. that leads to me my question.. seeing that there's a plethora of TFT screen's out there.. are there a few in particular that i should be looking at, that the new mac mini works well with? (am not so well off to go and buy a mac screen)

am open to all suggestions =) TY!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I don't believe the Mini will not work with the plethora of LCD's out there. I'm currently using a Samsung 20.1" LCD at 1600x1200 that works great. The Mini can go to as high at 1920x1200 resolution, so any monitor will do..

Regards

KBJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, MacMini, iPod video, and 32GB iPhone 3Gs.. iPad 3G (Soon!)
At work we use Dell's for all of our non-Graphics/Editing stations. They are priced well, perform well, and seem to last quite well also. Of course I prefer the Cinema display, but the price can be hard to justify for many tasks.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2009
thanks for your reply's guys.. i am considering the following 20" Dell IN2010N Black Widescreen,1600x900, 1000:1, 5ms LCD Monitor 20" Dell IN2010N Black Wide TFT Monitor however am not sure if i should go for a glossed screen (which is how apple make there's)

At work I am surrounded by three normal dell tft's matt.. is there any really significant advantage going for a glossed one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.