Not sure.....dazed and confused

Reaction score
Hi this is my first posting have a little stage fright!!!

Have just received my iphone 32gb have itunes library on my imac and a separate one on my macbook.So here are the ?'s a - how do I consolidate both libraries into 1 main library and b-how do I remove all the dupes?

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
im not sure about how to delete the duplicates. that might be something you have to do on your own.

But after you authorize all computers and put all the music on your phone you can transfer the purchases onto all of them so that you can play them and have them on each and every computer.

hope thats what you were looking for, if not just clarify so I understand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
One thing you could do would be to share one of the libraries over your network, so when you go to the other library, you can access the other library wirelessly, and highlight-drag the songs you want into your current library.

This would most likely avoid having duplicates, but if there are, here's what you do:

File >> Show Duplicates

All the songs that have duplicate names will appear. To make it easier and break it down by artist, hit Command+B.

Select the duplicate you want to delete, and either select to keep the file or move the file to the trash. When you are done, go to the bottom and click "Show All".

Also, as johnnyFIVE said, you will need to make sure one of the machines is authorized to your iTunes account, or the ability to drag and drop the songs you want from the shared library will not work. One of the cool features of the new iTunes :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.