menu bar on all applications

Reaction score
Hello guys
I'm really newbie in mac... started today... i have tried to deal with some applications but it has been hard i can't find the menu bar ( file, edit...) at any application as browsers (any), itunes, etc... So I'm unable to do some things like set up the preferences at iTune. Are there some configuration that I have to change on mac to show my menu bars?
Sorry for very simple question but I have work on PC for ages.
Thanks
Suttie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
the menu bar is ALWAYS in the same place, on the top of the screen.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Apple has had a common menu bar at the top since System 1 the first Mac OS in 1984. Highlight the application like say iTunes. Look up top. See the bar with the Apple at the top left? Then next to the Apple is iTunes, File, ETC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There is nothing there. I don't know what is going on
suttie

Not the top of the window for whatever program your running, it's at the very top edge of your monitor screen.

If it's not there, something is really wrong.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Not the top of the window for whatever program your running, it's at the very top edge of your monitor screen.

Where the Apple is like I said. Apple extreme left then the name of the highlighted application then the other items like File, Edit, View.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Click for full size - Uploaded with LittleSnapper

#1 Is your Title for the window you currently in.
#2 Is the OS X Menu Bar, it is always there as baggss said. Or, should always be there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.