SafariSpeed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
oldnews said:
I just download SafariSpeed. From what I can tell it seems to have increased Safari's speed noticibly. Maybe I just think its faster. Anyone else want to try?

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/24331

Let me know what you think?

Are you running Panther or Tiger? If Panther which version? back in the 10.3.8 and below days, I tried Safari Speed and did notice a difference on some sites. After the 10.3.9 with Safari 1.3 and now with Tiger and 2.0 Safari, it's so much faster I don't know if it would make that much difference any longer. Not sure though but Safari 2.0 is WAY faster especially in Java and loading animated Gif's and other things Safari was always a bit slow doing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I tried it, it did make a difference, then I started using firefox and safari.

M

meatychi

Has anyone noticed the amount of CPU usage it uses when you have multiple tabs open?

The Safari on my G4 PB seems to turn into PACMAN! and is eating loads of RAM. It even eats more than VPC and that is shocking!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.