Boot Camp Driver

Reaction score
I have the macbook 5,1(the silver incased one sold in 2009) with inter core 2 duo 2.4Ghz with 2gb ram.

I installed windows Vista Ultimate. When I got windows loaded, I logged on and installed the drivers from my OS X disk that came with the computer. After restarting the audio does not work on the computer, neither does anything with the internet, no wired or wireless.

I did install snow leopard a few months ago, but I had this problem before that when I installed windows and I got frustrated and just deleted the partition.

I do not have the snow leopard install DVD anymore.

Any ideas? I have read the other forums and could not find any information.

Reaction score
If you are running Snow Leopard, using the older OSX disk will not install the right drivers. You need your Snow Leopard disc, and if you don't have one, you'll likely need to spend $29 to buy another upgrade disc from Apple. Sorry for the bad news but that's the deal.

OP
D
Reaction score
I was scared to do this but I have an iMac and I used the OS X disk that says iMac on it and it works for the macbook, but the drivers on the disk that say macbook don't...

OP
D
Reaction score
Sorry I was not clear. The iMac OS X dvd installed everything properly and it is all working. I am even running sound off of age of empires. I know some people where having trouble with sound off of games.

Reaction score
Great, glad to hear it. Running a Snow Leopard disk will get you the latest drivers and a Boot Camp update, so it's still something to consider - but I am glad to know all is well.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.