iBook G4 wont run my dj software

Reaction score
Whats up guys.... i recently purchased a 12" apple ibook g4 with 1.1ghz 100gb hd and 1.25gb of ram running osx 10.4.11..... i love the machine for the basics like downloading music and surfing the web... but it wont run my dj software...now im stuck with a machine that wont do what i need it to do...now im looking at a powerbook g4..but will that be good enough for me as a dj...please help!! any advice would be much appreciated....i would love to go out and buy a mbp but funds are limited.

thanks in advance!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What DJ Software are you using? The iBook and the Powerbooks are both Power PC's and either should run software made for the PPC CPU. There are Powerbooks with slightly faster G4 CPU's.

So let us know the software you are trying to run so we can better help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What software are you trying to run?
What are the hardware/software requirements for said software?

Refurbished MacBooks are available at a reduced price from Apple directly or from other certified resellers. You may want to explore that as a possibility, though nobody can give you any definitive answers until you provide a little more information on what you are trying to achieve and what software you plan on using.

OP
M
Reaction score
i plan on running serato itch... off of the numark ns7.....i just called serato and they said at least 1.8 ghz to run it

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No Power PC Mac (iBook, Powerbook) will run that software. It's for an Intel Mac only like a Macbook and above.

Mac

Intel processor, Core Duo 1.8GHz or better
1 GB RAM
1024 x 768 screen resolution
OSX 10.4.11 or higher
Available USB 2.0 Port
Hard disk space for music

http://www.serato.com/faq/itch/#3477

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks guys i appreciate it alot..... i guess i have a ibook for sale lol!!...gotta sell this one to pay for the other one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro unibody 2.26ghz, 4gb ram, 250 gb hard drive
good pick on the NS7. god i want one.

Reaction score
Processor compatibility...

My ( 25 years) experience with Macs has been that as long as the Processor and OS are compatible, software and hardware should be exchangeable between machines.

The NS7 states "Intel processor, 1.8MHz Core Duo" as the minimum system requirements.

Will a faster G5 processor work? I'm looking at a desktop system because I need the PCI slots.

There's a 2.0 GHz G5, Apple model M9747LL/A - PowerMac7,3 - A1047 that is looking to fit the bill for my other needs. The processor is faster than the minimums for the NS7/Serato combo... will it work?

If not, does anyone know of a "desktop/tower" type Mac that will be suitable for the NS7/Serato application?

Chip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.