• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Are you inked?

D

Desolate One

Just curious who else here has been bitten by the bug. I have and have a lot of work left to be done. Unfortunately I moved recently and along with a lot of my possesions I've also left behind one of the most talented artists I've even had the fortune to be inked by. Here is what I have so far on my left arm, can't wait to find a good shop out here to continue:

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

OP
D

Desolate One

Here's the other work I have done. Back, right shoulder, and right leg. Sorry for the size/possible blur. It was difficult to get some of those shots on my own. The left arm was taken after a session and a mate took those for me. Since then I haven't had any other work done so it's still up to date.

tattback.JPG

tattleg.JPG

tattre.JPG

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Wow! That's really beautiful... I mean cool. :cool: I'm not a good candidate for tattoos, because an artist's only option would be to use a guppy on my arm. Well, maybe a beta fish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i have a dragon on my right calf and a tiny stick dragon on my right forearm. i will post pics when i get home.

OP
D

Desolate One

YES! I forgot to mention, post pics!

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the underside of my left arm, and I'm nto going to attempt to take a pic seeing as how horrible the others came out. It's just a continuation of what you see there with another koi on the underside. Basically you see all the color, the rest is just outlined for now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
here are the pics. the first one is the stick dragon on my arm and the other is the dragon on my leg. they are 11 and 12 respectively.

IM001485.jpg

IM001486.jpg

OP
D

Desolate One

11 and 12, as in #'s 11 and 12? Do you have more work done and not sharing? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Desolate One said:
11 and 12, as in #'s 11 and 12? Do you have more work done and not sharing? ;)
oops sorry, years old. i had the one on my forearm done in a different color so that when it gets old it wont turn that funky color. the one on my leg still looks pretty good for being that old.

OP
D

Desolate One

So I take it you weren't bitten by the bug then. The first one I got was the first Kanji character up top on my spine. Three weeks later I got seven more underneath it. And the rest as they say is history.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Desolate One said:
So I take it you weren't bitten by the bug then. The first one I got was the first Kanji character up top on my spine. Three weeks later I got seven more underneath it. And the rest as they say is history.
i was too broke, i got the first one while i was in the army(leg) and the 2nd one was really cheap and i had to get it or my gf at the time wouldnt get one. as time went on there has only been one design that i could even possibly think of getting and it is not really worth it anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I figure, it like this.
People put ink on to look tough. but who looks tuffer, arnold or a dude with ink? exactly. no matter how many tatoos you put on your still going to be weak, and ill still beat your behind.

also, i dont think drawing a picture on my body will be cool 10 years from now, because 10 years ago, the fads were way different. ink doesnt go away.

OP
D

Desolate One

I'm glad you have and are very willing to share your opinion on people with body art Graphite, however until you've "induldged" you'll never know for certain.

"I've got your love, there's a stain on your skirt..."

OP
D

Desolate One

I'm sorry you feel people with tattoos get them for the sole purpose to "look tough" Graphite. I feel I speak for many and I get them because I actually like them!
I take it you have none. Is that because you hate needles or beacuse you can't afford good work?

Regardless, it's a small mind to think that way and I didn't mean to create any friction by the post. I'm sorry that is has. Seig Heil! No? Sorry, you seem like the type to promote genocide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
lmao. I have always wanted some sort of tattoo, I just don't think I could decide what to get, and it would have to be like on my back or somewhere that it can be easily seen.

Reaction score
Cool now we can rename the forums to inked or not...... :) Me I’m not inked but looking sometime in the future thou. Still can't decide what to get

OP
E

EvoMac

I have a tribal sun on the back of my calf... looking back it was probably not the best graphic to choose. But hey, who here wasn't "18 and stupid" at one point in their life :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Desolate One said:
I'm sorry you feel people with tattoos get them for the sole purpose to "look tough" Graphite. I feel I speak for many and I get them because I actually like them!
I take it you have none. Is that because you hate needles or beacuse you can't afford good work?

Regardless, it's a small mind to think that way and I didn't mean to create any friction by the post. I'm sorry that is has. Seig Heil! No? Sorry, you seem like the type to promote genocide.

and im sorry that you think the only reason you think im not getting pictures painted on my body is because of fear of needle or financial reason.

No, I have had many of my friends get a picture drawn on them, and then a month later, be like, what the **** was i thinking. There is a redvsblue episode with that in mind. funny :) but no I will never get a tattoo.

OP
J

Jefe3223

I've always wanted one, but could never bring myself to do it, be my fear of needles, yes (but i feel i could get over that) or be it my fear of regret for what I get...Well, I promised myself if I ever come near to death and survive, I'll get a tatoo to commerate it....uless it's for a stupid reason, like I choked on a jujube....

OP
D

Desolate One

Graphite said:
and im sorry that you think the only reason you think im not getting pictures painted on my body is because of fear of needle or financial reason.

No, I have had many of my friends get a picture drawn on them, and then a month later, be like, what the **** was i thinking. There is a redvsblue episode with that in mind. funny :) but no I will never get a tattoo.

I'm sorry your friends follow trends. None of my friends (inked) nor myself have ever regretted getting a tattoo. Perhaps your friends are of the mind, "well if it means something to me today I should have it etched permanently to my epidermis." I see this syndrome effect many and it upsets me dearly.

All in all I suggest not getting looney tunes characters or sporting goods equipment tattoos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.