Don't you Moderators ever check your Private messages ;)

Reaction score
hint hint. I just found the option of tracking PM's I see the PM sent out were never read ..HELLOOOOOO ;) j/k i'm sure your busy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
As far as I know we all read them, but we don't usually click on the notify sender of read message link :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yes, moderators have the option to let you see they've read your messages or not ;)

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
schweb said:
Yes, moderators have the option to let you see they've read your messages or not ;)
So the message I sent you has been read? Says it hasn't been on my end It would be probably a good idea to get rid of that option if your not going to acknowledge PM's wouldn't you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All messages sent to mods are read.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i rarely send PM's on boards (except one to schweb the other day) but i do think nap has a point

if you sent an IM with a read receipt and there is no reply saying that it has been read, it has not been read. it is as easy as that, i am sure that you all do read your PM's when you get them like you say (from experience of being here for a while you all seem like nice guys who would not lie and what not)....but no read receipt is no read

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
"no read receipt is no read" at least to you, but stating it like a fact is definitely not a fact. I thought everyone had that option in their preferences not to send a read receipt because I have sent plenty of PM's that I never received a read receipt and that was to members. Some people have it turned on, others have it off. It's not a big deal, and if the PM requested a response.. it was a question etc.. then you will know that we received it when we send you an answer back.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I don't want to make a mountain over a mole hill guys ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
oh, i think i mighta been a little too firm with that post, but i was thinking about it this afternoon (brain isnt really functioning due to a finals today). kinda like 'if a tree falls in a forest does it make a sound' debate. if you send a message with a read reciept and you dont get a confirmation was it ever read?

i agree about making a mountain over a molehill on this one so i will shut my trap :headphone

-chris
ps. all mods are and always have been doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!

J

Jefe3223

coach_z said:
(brain isnt really functioning due to a finals today).
(*taking over thread and changing direction for just a moment*) Good luck on your finals today, man. I have four down and one to go. Yay to statistical probability!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
coach_z said:
oh, i think i mighta been a little too firm with that post, but i was thinking about it this afternoon (brain isnt really functioning due to a finals today). kinda like 'if a tree falls in a forest does it make a sound' debate. if you send a message with a read reciept and you dont get a confirmation was it ever read?

It can be - it's the mods' choice whether to accept the request for the read receipt or deny it. But I've never denied one and I assume that the other mods wouldn't either unless there was a good reason. However I haven't actually been asked to grant or decline a read receipt for a while, so maybe there's a bug in the system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I actually only decline when I accidentally click the wrong button when the pop-up shows up.

But as has been pointed out either way, all messages sent to the mods are read.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I know many pm's I've sent still say they haven't been read, but because of life as it continues and events that happen, I know they were read, though I usually just click ok if it asks for a receipt. if you pay attention, not that you all don't, but say for example, you pm me with a question, I pm back, included is the answer or a solution, I get no receipt that it was read, but when I see you post somewhere that I helped you fix your problem in such a way, I know you must have read it, though 99% of the time, I direct members to post their problems as this is not a one on one help service. I think things in the pm area are fine as they are, if you seriously believe a pm wasn't read, simply send another asking if they received it, this is not as big a problem as many of you seem to be making it, trust me, I get tons of pm's, and I always read them, but don't always reply or click to send the receipt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.