Reminder on mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: Mid 2009 13" MacBookPro 2.26 GHz, 5 Gb, 500 GB, OS X 10.6.5
I think this should be easy but I am still going to ask. Is there any way we can add a reminder on an email. e.g. I receive an email today, but I want to work on it later. How can I add a reminder for that particular email in To-Do list?

Thanks

Reaction score
hmm. I just saw your post. I searched around and saw some apps that will allow you to send yourself reminders for things "to do" like "feed the dog" or "beat the kids". Maybe it was the other way around. I couldnt find anything that would remind someone that they have a regular email in the inbox.

vxd

Reaction score
I switched over to Mozilla Thunderbird for my email client. Install the add on Lighting and you will have an email client and a calendar all in one.

OP
sachadon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well ... one more reason to switch from mac mail to entourage or Thunderbird ... the one thing I liked about mac mail is its simplicity. but I guess it lags in some of the important applications for me ... n way ... thanks a lot guys ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
(From Mail Help)
Creating to-do items
You can create to-do items from text in notes or messages, or when you think of something you want to track.

If you have an Exchange 2007 account, you can’t create to-do items from a note or message you receive.

From notes and messages:
  1. In a note you create or receive, or in a message you receive, select the text you want to track as a to-do item and click To Do in the toolbar. Or Control-click the text and choose New To Do from the shortcut menu.
    The item is displayed at the top of the note or message and added to the To Do list in the sidebar.
  2. Set options for the to-do item or view the original text.
    • To change the item’s title or add more text, click in the field and start typing. The original text remains unchanged in a note or message you received; in a note you created, the original text is updated with your changes.
    • To set options or add the item to an iCal calendar, click the Details arrow to the left of the item title.
    • To highlight the original text in the note or message, click the down arrow to the right of the item.

(The Help menu...its like mac-forums, only faster and with more correct answers)

OP
sachadon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ohh wow! .. thats what I was looking for ... thanks a lot technologist ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.