Cheap Cokin / GND Filter Sets.. Have you used these?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
So I'm looking into the world of filters and came across a post where by the user recommended using these

67mm Gradual Gray Blue Orange ND8 Filter Set for Cokin - eBay Colour Conversion, Filters, Photographic Accessories, Cameras. (end time 17-Dec-09 18:24:21 AEDST)

So I wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with them? They also stock GND filters etc..

I realize they are a cheap cheap version but I cant justify spending $300+ AUD on something I'm just trying out

These filters are $43 AUD and extra GND filters are like $8 AUD each lol

This is the site where I found them and also some sample photos..I personaly think they are ok but if anyone has any thoughts suggestions I would love to hear!!

Tian Ya Filter System (Cokin P) - Canon Digital Photography Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 10.5.6, 4 gig several ImacsG4's 640kb/10.3.9 and an Ibook G4/Tiger
Not from that seller but I assume all the Cokin knockoffs are the same, with digital I dont see the need for colored filters of any kind but the ND grad filters are indispensable.

I have several Cokin P and a few of the knock off ones and cant tell them apart, dont stack any of them and they are plastic and scratch very easily... get them try them out any you feel you really need day in day out suck it up and buy Lee glass filters.

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
Agh sweet, that kit is super cheap, I was thinking that I may buy a real Cokin filter holder and some cheap filters to get me started like you said

I mainly wanted to use ND filters anyway.. But being new to filters didnt wanna fork out hundreds of dollars just to try my luck so to speak!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Well, that's not what came to mind when I saw the title.

:Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.