Need a Font for a Nameplate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 867 MHz PowerPC G4 1.75GB DDR SDRAM
I've been working on a newsletter for a non-profit organization for a design class at school. Overall, we've been doing very well, except their old masthead desperately needed redesigning. I can't find any exceptional fonts for the nameplate, and was hoping some here would have suggestions. The name is "The Archive," it's a publication that goes out to the donors t the organization outlining what they have been doing. They use a spot color of blue throughout the piece.
Also, if you need to know this, the organization is an advocacy program for the disabled. The other fonts used on the piece were Bell MT and Frutiger.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well I would do some research on environmental design, and the type of fonts that they use for signage.

Dafont, if you are just looking for some fonts.

OP
Pallando
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 867 MHz PowerPC G4 1.75GB DDR SDRAM
I have enough fonts (never thought I'd say that) but I can't possibly sort through 9,000 right now. I made it through the A's, and have a couple that would be okay, but I'm looking for excellent ideas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i see you can have to many fonts... i never thought i'd say that but when i got my mac i realize you can.. i have about 4k fonts but only about 434 installed b/c i dont wanna sort through all of those font either. i personally like Helvetica but i know how Crimson feels about that font. research will do you best b/c then you will be able to explain why you used said font that you will end up with.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
i see you can have to many fonts... i never thought i'd say that but when i got my mac i realize you can.. i have about 4k fonts but only about 434 installed b/c i dont wanna sort through all of those font either. i personally like Helvetica but i know how Crimson feels about that font. research will do you best b/c then you will be able to explain why you used said font that you will end up with.

LOL, it's a cold cold blank. >_>" It's not that I don't like Helvetica, but you see it everywhere and it gets a bit old. Plus the way that it is being used makes it seem very sterile and cold. IE, medical forms...no one wants to sit there and fill those out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.