Can't locate my photos to use them on eBay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, iMac 24 both w/ Snowleopard
Downloaded by photos with iPhoto. Edited them. iPhoto didn't give me a lot of options but I was able to get decent pictures in the end.

But now they've disappeared. Can't find them anywhere with Finder.

They're still there in iPhoto and the folder is there in finder put the photos can't be located for use in an eBay auction.

So what and I doing wrong?

(I'm a new Mac user with too many years of computer experience on mainframes and PC to mention.)

Bob

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
iPhoto keeps the photos in it's own database. Which means they're not viewable in Finder. Open up iPhoto, select the pics you want to put up on ebay. Then you can use the export function (in the File menu) or just drag and drop them to the desktop.

Do give the export a try just so you can check all the options available to you there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
iPhoto keeps the photos in it's own database. Which means they're not viewable in Finder. Open up iPhoto, select the pics you want to put up on ebay. Then you can use the export function (in the File menu) or just drag and drop them to the desktop.

Do give the export a try just so you can check all the options available to you there.
That is the best way to do it, but you could also go to where your iphoto library is stored usually in your pictures folder, right click and click show package contents, then all your original pictures will be stored in the originals folder...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini late 09 version
That is the best way to do it, but you could also go to where your iphoto library is stored usually in your pictures folder, right click and click show package contents, then all your original pictures will be stored in the originals folder...

Good one !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
BE CAREFUL! You can seriously screw iPhoto up by mucking around in the Library package. It's not there for you to use, only for iPhoto. If you manually rename, or delete, or move photos around in the Library you run the risk of totally disabling iPhoto. It can be fixed, but it is a real hassle that you don't want or need. Just do the proper thing, and export to the Desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV

And, while this is not a good idea, another thing to think about is that you will be getting the original photo, not the one that you edited. If you go through the app itself, you will get the most recent edit. Please, for the sake of you and your photos, stay out of the library in finder! Best to do anything and everything to/with your photos from within the iPhoto app itself. You will be much happier! Besides, going into those folders is so Windows-like. Make your life easier and let the apps do your work for you! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I always drag mine to the desktop for uploading too, much easier and safer than messing with library. With 2000+ photo's in there I'd never find them anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.