missing the calendar function of Outlook

Reaction score
Hi
After buying countless PC's and laptops - the latest piece of junk from D**l and only 10 months old has been back to the shop once and needs to go again. So, I took the big step and switched TO THE BETTER WAY!!! I am now the proud new owner of a 24" iMac 1Tb hard drive and nVidia GT130 512mb card (with 3yr Apple Protection Warranty of course). I am REALLY HAPPY with it!!! Should have done this a long time ago.

However, the only thing I really miss is the calendar function of Outlook 2007. Is there anything that is really close to it, cause iCal is not half as good as it is. Any suggestions?
Thanks!:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Would you mind explaining what, exactly, you need that iCal does not offer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i feel the same way. however, i have gotten used to working with ical. ical can do a lot of stuff that the calendar in outlook does, but you kind of have to dig it up. the one feature that i like is the ability to upload the wife's calendar from her mac so that i can have it on my ical on my mac. there are always ups and downs to things with mac and MS Office. I believe the newest MS Office for Mac has entourage which is a close equivalent to outlook. while i love my macs, you have to admit the MS Office is a really great production suite.

OP
MacLicious
Reaction score
I just discovered while fooling around with iCal that I can indeed change the font, size and colour code entries! I had googled this subject a few times and found people complaining they could not do this. I guess these changes have been implemented since those posts were written. I am happy to see this!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Also of note: Microsoft has announced that they will add "Outlook" to their new version of Mac Office due to appear late 2010. Whether or not "Outlook" will replace "Entourage" or will be only available in the Standard version of Office hasn't been disclosed yet.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Also of note: Microsoft has announced that they will add "Outlook" to their new version of Mac Office due to appear late 2010. Whether or not "Outlook" will replace "Entourage" or will be only available in the Standard version of Office hasn't been disclosed yet.

Regards.

Outlook "will" replace "Entourage" in the "next" version "of" "Office" for Mac.

"Its" anyone's guess "as" to whether the new "Outlook" will be anything like "Outlook" on "Windows," though.

(Hey, "you're" right, "random" quotation "marks" are "fun!")

OP
MacLicious
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Got to looking at Entourage and it will fit the bill. I don't think I have to wait almost a year for Office2010 with Outlook for Mac. Entourage looks more like what I am used to.
Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.