two questions from a newbie

Reaction score
When I double click an mp3 it plays, but how do I stop it? And how do I select several items at once on the desktop? Thanks, Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Does the mp3 play in iTunes? Space bar is pause/play in iTunes. Can't really help more on that one until I know what player your mp3's open with.

To select multiple items on the desktop you can use a few methods. If they are all next to each other you can click off to the side of one file and then holding down the mouse or trackpad button, you drag a "box" or "rectangle" selection around the other files. Or you can click on one file, hold down "command" button and click on other files anywhere on the desktop. Shift also works in place of command. It acts as "ctrl" on a Windows machine.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, I see now, Itunes is playing it. I was used to using Winamp in Windows. Ok on the select methods too. It's great to have somewhere to go for help. I am liking my Macbook pro but it is a learning curve. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.