Posting pictures in various forums?

Reaction score
Hello. I have a mac mini (mac os x 10.4.11) and I need some basic help.

I would like to learn how to take a picture that I have downloaded onto my desktop, and copy it in a post on a forum I frequent (I want to upload a picture of a book on a collectors forum). I have tried copy and paste but all that does is place the "book title.jpg" on there.

this has got to be something pretty easy that I am missing. Can someone help?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, there's a few ways to do it. Some forums will let you upload images directly to them (for example, in this forum, you can click the paperclip icon and upload the image).

Another thing you can do is use a picture hosting service like photobucket.com which will let you upload a photo to it and then give you a link that you can use with forums. If you wanted to use it with this forum for example, you'd click the picture button and paste the copied link into the field that pops up.

What I do is use my Internet Service Provider's own hosting service. I upload my photos to their FTP site and then manually generate my own links to them. This is a bit more complicated than the other approaches, but is how I've been doing it for a long time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Skitch.com seems to be relatively easy way to go. Check it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.