Firewall messing with SMCfancontrol?

Reaction score
My smc worked perfect and ever since I re-activated my firewall it started acting funny. Its the only thing that i can remember changing that can cause this to happen.My question is,is there anyway to add smc to bypass firewalls? I dont knw why it would even cause this to happen.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless SMCFanControl is communicating information to and from the internet, it should have no reason to come up against your firewall. However, when you first start SMCFanControl, it may check for updates; in that case it has to communicate through the net.

Do this: System Preferences -> Security. Click on the small lock, enter your password. Click on the Firewall tab, click on advanced. From here you can add or remove applications. If you like, add SMCFanControl. Click the lock again.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.