Problems with the inside camera

Reaction score
I had problems with the video of my macbook pro so I send it to a support...

but now that they send my macbook back the camera isn't working and I wonder if they changed my old camera because there is no indicator light in the right of the camera and the photo booth says that there is no camera connected....

Is any one sure that there is really an indicator light in the right of the camera, because I think I'm being robbed by this apple support...

obs: i have bought this macbook pro in november 2007,so this is not the latest version of macbook pro...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
There is an indicator light for the camera.

Did they say they replaced the screen? The cables inside the lid may have not been reconnected for the camera or worked loose.

Nice avatar BTW ;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Any work done by Apple is under warranty whether or not you had to pay for the repairs. Give them a call explaining what you reported here and then send the machine back for repair again. As deus said - if they had to replace the display they may have not connected the iSight. In any event, contact Apple.

Regards.

OP
ViniKia
Reaction score
I just distrust of them because I live here in Brazil and the apple support is not official. It is just one store that is authorized by apple to repair the computers here in my city and I heard that they are not so good....

But anyway I'll contact them... probably they didn't connect the cable...

I'm just worried because there's no indicator light in the right of the carema... :O

OP
ViniKia
Reaction score
deus, I think they just changed the video-card...

They didn't said me anything about the screen...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your MacBook Pro does not have a separate video card. The video chipset on all current Mac notebooks is integrated. They probably changed out your Logic board if that's what they told you. In any event, since they are an authorized Apple repair service center they abide by the same policies set forth by Apple when it comes to warranting repairs. Take it back and let them know that your iSight camera was working before they did the repair and now it's not.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.