movie player...n question abt quicktime

Reaction score

hey guys so i need a good movie player for my mac..one that i can watch any

movie format ... my mac came with quicktime x and i wanted to know if i should get quicktime pro?

and also do u think i should delete Quicktime X and replace it with Quicktime pro? bc i cant do much with it

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
Quicktime Pro does not exist on Snow Leopard anymore. A great movie player would be VLC which handles pretty much every format out there.

Another option would be to download Perian which just lets you play most video files with Quicktime X. There are a few issues with mkv files with Perian right now, but for any other need, it's a viable option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Also depends on your OS - things changed quite a lot with Snow Leopard.

Reaction score
VLC Player is your friend. Perian is good but I still come across videos that cannot be played with Perian.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alum. Mac book 13", MacBook Pro 15"
Since snow leopard comes with Quicktime X is there a good converter out there that will allow you to change video formats (say AVI to XXX) like the old Quicktime Pro did ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
Since snow leopard comes with Quicktime X is there a good converter out there that will allow you to change video formats (say AVI to XXX) like the old Quicktime Pro did ?

Yeah, Handbrake actually does one-to-one file conversion. If the video can play in VLC, handbrake can convert it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
another vote for VLC here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 iMac10,1 High Sierra 10.13.6, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.06 GHz, 12GB RAM, 500GB Storage
I was turned on to VLC by tattoedmac and I haven't found a video yet that it won't play. Unlike QT MPEG which I bought and found it would play some videos but without sound, VLC plays them all, including audio and the best part is it is FREE.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.