• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Store and Tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I m at the Apple store in the King of Prussa mall and its not as crowded as i thought it would be. Lots of poeple buying ipods as usual and the tiger shelf is fully stocked. I was using a G5 running Tiger and i really like Dashboard. There is a Garage Band Demo today i have used it but not to the extent that the demo man was. Looked at Tiger the idisk is much better [copying on and off is faster] spotlight is cool works pretty good but over all ive decided its more of a minor update then panther was but ill probably get it after looking at the apple forums and seeing that its running bug free. Also I would like to add that the Tiger UI doesnt look as bad as i thought it would the only thing i dont like is the apple menu. What are your thoughts on tiger and all the "new" features in it?

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
no that was only lastnight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I was at the Apple Store at the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Illinois on Friday night.

I got there about 8:30 pm, and things were actually pretty calm. The people working there told me it was crazy at 6:00, but things got quieter as the evening moved on. They had security guards allowing only a few people in at a time.

They gave away a bunch of scratch-off cards, and it seemed most people won 10% coupons. I won a free iTune. They told me on Saturday (I had to exchange some XtremeMac Shuffle covers for my daughter) that all their major prizes went, including a lot of iPods and a few PowerBooks. That would have been nice...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.