Sheet Music Software Suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Does anyone know of an application for a sane amount of money, where one can compose sheet music on a WinXP box? Not talking about complex music authoring software for MIDI, etc... I'm just looking for some software that would allow my Mum to put her hand written sheet music into electronic format so she can read it off of her laptop in Church or print out copies for the choir. Any suggestion would be a big help as this was one of the few things I could extract from her as being on her Christmas list.
Thanks,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 GHz eMac w/ superdrive, 1.5GB RAM; 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo MBP
Check out Finale. They do offer an educational/theological discount ($350 rather than $600), but I'm don't know how much you're looking to spend. It includes a program called Smartscore Lite which allows you to scan sheet music and edit in Finale. While it does provide a very accurate scan of the music, edits are usually needed, but it beats entering all the notes manually. I've only used this feature on published scores so I don't know how well it does with hand-written. It is fairly easy to learn the basic features of the program, but like with any piece of software, it does require some time to learn all the ins and outs.

OP
XJ-linux
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Thanks much SCR. I'll have her download the trial version. From the description on the web site, it should fit the bill nicely.
Thanks,
Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.