Hello everyone!

Reaction score
I just purchased my first mac yesterday for black friday, and i'm really looking forward to the change. I have been a long time PC user, in fact a few people in my family are chastising me for my purchase. But! enough is enough, i hated vista, and now that it's about time for me to get a new computer, I have decided to give Snow Leapord OS X a try rather then Windows 7. anyway, i believe I will be on here often, as I'm happy to join a new community. Thanks for having me.

Nic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Welcome and congrats !

OP
P
Reaction score
I have a question.. how will Window 7 run on the Mac? will it run both snow leopard AND W7? or... Dunno, sorry, like i said in another thread, this is my first mac I JUST got it on black friday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
I have a question.. how will Window 7 run on the Mac? will it run both snow leopard AND W7? or... Dunno, sorry, like i said in another thread, this is my first mac I JUST got it on black friday.

It'll run Windows 7 just fine.

There's two ways you can run Windows in general on a Mac; through Boot Camp which will run Windows exactly like a PC would, or through virtualization using Virtualbox (Free), Parallels, VMWare Fusion. It'll run Windows in Mac OS X. This is a great option if you need to use Windows but the downsides are slightly lower performance in Windows. Running graphics extensive programs under virtualization isn't a viable solution, but Microsoft Office runs just fine.

OP
P
Reaction score
Honestly, the only reason I would want windows on it would be to play Aion. Is there a way I can just have it as a guest OS, like switch back and forth? or do I need to install Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
In that case, you can probably use Parallels or Fusion if you don't mind playing at low settings. Otherwise you'd have to install Windows by Boot Camp which is under the "Applications\Utilities" folder. You'd have to restart in order to switch Mac and Windows use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Hey, welcome! Your family will soon be crowding around your Mac in envy. I'm not sure Boot Camp is up to Windows 7 yet, better check that first.

Reaction score
as a new 'switcher' ( 3 days now and working my way through the missing manuals and figuring out the 'quirks' of a mac) I say welcome aboard, and persevere witht he subtle differences.

I personally think it is unethical of micro$oft to charge people for windows 7 and it was the launch of windows 7 and them asking me for money to essentially provide me with, what in their *opinion* is a *working operating system* that irritated me so much, when windows vista should be *working* in the first place. windows 7 should be FREE with a letter of apology and a bunch of goodies to make up for the sheer horror that it took along for the ride.

as for people who run widows in their macs, well i really don't get that one little bit..i really don't. why not use your windows pc? why on gods green earth would you want that on your mac?!

I still keep my windows PC alongside my mac until it will become organically redundant over time.

i wouldn't say the mac does anything ' better' than my PC so far, but whatever it does do, it does it a zillion times faster and more efficiently and does it in a way that actually makes computing something fun and rewarding rather than a chore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.