Decent Speker Setup

T

t-lo

Decent Speker Setup...HELP!!!

I am looking into getting a 17" Powerbook fairly soon and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for 2.1 setup that sounds good and would work well with the PB. Apple offers quite a few different ones at their web store but I'm not sure which ones, if any are even very good. If anyone has had experiences, good or bad, I would appreciate hearing about them. I searched the forum and found only minimal discussion on this specific topic so... anyways, thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
OP
D

Desolate One

I just use my Onkyo receiver and Yamaha speakers. Talk about shaking windows and the house attached to them. ;)

OP
M

macaudiodj

Desolate One said:
I just use my Onkyo receiver and Yamaha speakers. Talk about shaking windows and the house attached to them. ;)
Yea, i have a 770W peak 6.1 surround-sound receiver and 4 jbl bookshelfs and a E250P Jbl Sub. (I think)My friend Applejustworks is scared to come into my room/studio; For good reasoning.
Well back to the subject i realy like the these:Jbl Encounter. They have great highs, ok mid.s, and the lows are incredible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
I would suggest MidiLand Powerstixx if you're on any sort of a budget. I realize they aren't a name brand like JBL or Harmon K., but I couldn't be more pleased with them for the cost. In fact a bought a a more expensive Creature II system for my iMac to replace these powerstixx, but gave the Creature system to my girlfriend and kept using the powerstixx because they sound that much better. List I think is $129, but I got mine on sale at Fry's for $79.00. I think Fry's regular price is $99.00 or so. Here is a link to the man. web site.

http://www.midiland.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=63&category=3 Piece

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 1GB RAM Superdrive; 12" powerbook 512mb RAM G4 Superdrive
No no no no no!!! The Logitech Z2300 2.1 speaker system cannot be topped. It is THX certified and sounds amazing. I've tried the others, but if you want pure raw power that is perfectly crisp and pitched then check these baby's out. They are amazing!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
The klipschs are THX certified as well.

Reaction score
Icicle said:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...KLPMGMXA21&is=REG&Q=&O=productlist&sku=326573

Klipsch Klipsch Klipsch, I cant say enough about the quality of the sound from anything Ive heard made by them.

The link above will shake your windows if you want it to, yet still provide a sound quality and clarity at lower volume that is truly amazing IMO
I use the Klipsch 2.1 in that link, they are truly unbelieveable. They really sounds terrific. My 3 piece stereo has become obsolete after buying these babies. The bass is the best part.

If I'm not mistaken, Macworld, or maybe it was MacAddict, recently did a review of speaker systems. Check out both their websites and see what you can find.

OP
E

embries

Icicle hit the nail on the head. The first version of the promedia system blows the doors off the new one. Get that thing from ebay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.