the best thing happend

C

Chris3801

i had a phone call today from apple to say that thay had looked at my iBook and thay are going to replace it with a powerbook because of the nature of the problem im confused but happy. thay said that i will have it with in a week :)

OP
C

Chris3801

im a little confused why would thay give me a powerbook when i had an iBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
maybe your perticular model got recalled or something , or a batch of the ones from that line are having the same problems , and they maybe out of the ibook where you sent it , and instead of waiting a couple weeks or more for a new shipment they decided to send you a PB , or maybe they are in the giving spirit haha . congrats either way though .

OP
C

Chris3801

i cant wait to see if it will have tiger installed i have orded it for my mini it cost me £9.99 i shuld have that some time today :)

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

wow I have seen people fight apple for months.. this one guy went through like 7 logic boards before they would even replace his iBook. much less upgrade him ...

OP
C

Chris3801

it is very strange why thay are upgrading me to a powerbook thay said it wos something to do with the nature of the problem with my iBook. I dont no what problem there was for them to upgrade me but thay did :)

OP
N

normal1

Wow, congratulations, you're the first one that has replied to any of my posts. :D Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Chris3801 said:
it is very strange why thay are upgrading me to a powerbook thay said it wos something to do with the nature of the problem with my iBook. I dont no what problem there was for them to upgrade me but thay did :)
What was the problem with the iBook?

OP
C

Chris3801

i was doing some word prosessing an smoke started comeing out of the vent at the bak of my iBook then it just whe off an that wos that apple collected it about a week ago and i had a phone call thismorning to say that thay where replacing it with a powerbook and i will have it with in a week

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Hey! Can you break my iBook for me! They probaby didn't want a law suit on their hands. House burning down, because of iBook equals not very good press for Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Man that is awesome! What a deal.. that is very smooth. Congratulations! :) Now that is support!

OP
C

Chris3801

lol...i cant wait for it to be deliverd i dont no the spec of the powerbook so ill just have to wait my iBook wos 14inch 1.33ghz 512mb ram 60gb hard drive with superdrive and airport express

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
hahaha watch it be a lombard , that would be funny with a sticker of a tiger , and an info card that says preloaded with tiger ... haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.