Quick question on my iTunes library.

Reaction score
So I went to transfer some songs to my Blackberry and I noticed something. The songs (where they are saved to,default location) ARE NOT edited when I edit them on iTunes. What I mean is, no matter what I do on iTunes they pretty much stay the same way that they were when put into iTunes. Is there anyway (for safe sake in case I loose my library AND iPod) for where iTunes stores them to be an EXACT copy and keep it updated as I make changes?

-Eric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
How are you editing them?
If you just click on them in iTunes and edit it won't save any changes, but if you do a "get info" for the track you want to edit, you can then edit several things in the window that pops up, and the changes will be saved.

OP
I
Reaction score
How are you editing them?
If you just click on them in iTunes and edit it won't save any changes, but if you do a "get info" for the track you want to edit, you can then edit several things in the window that pops up, and the changes will be saved.

Im doing them how you descibe (get info) and they are still not fixed in the place they are stored.. Its not a exact copy of my library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Therein lies the problem I'm afraid.
iTunes will only edit the original data if it's in the original iTunes library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Um, disregard what you read for now... hit command , in itunes (preferences). Go to the advanced tab (all the way on the right). Make sure the box for "Keep itunes media folder organized" is checked. If it is checked and you're still having these problems, report back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im sorry, original itunes library? isn't the library I'm using the original?

Thanks

You said it's not an exact copy of your library.
Do what Darkestritual said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
That's right, bish! Do what d-ritual sez! lol. What's up, Kev? :)

OP
I
Reaction score
Um, disregard what you read for now... hit command , in itunes (preferences). Go to the advanced tab (all the way on the right). Make sure the box for "Keep itunes media folder organized" is checked. If it is checked and you're still having these problems, report back.

Yup,it is checked...Now what =-(?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.