More titles for users!

Reaction score
I know im only new to these forums but i think more titles for users of the forums would be nice. Instead of just Member and Moderator and Admin there could be other titles like Higher Member, Dedicated Mac User, Mac Freak or Mac Obsessive. These could be based on the number of posts the people made but there could also be special ranks. Like Forum Staff or Maclord all with the same priviliges as normal users but new titles.

I think this would encourage people to work to getting new titles through posting useful posts and keeping active on the forums. Some recignition of their dedication to the forums. Sometimes being perminantly stuck at a member status on forums when you're one of the most active members on it can be demoralising. Ive found it a great encouragement on forums before this and I'm sure I would on this one.

Just a thought, thanks for reading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
We have the combination of posts and the user reputation system (green dot next to your posts) that currently tells us how active you are. More member titles is definitely a good idea and us mods will discuss it and see what comes up. Definitely use the user reputation system though, it's a very nice way of showing your appreciation :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
more titles would defiently be cool.

Reaction score
While we're on the subject how do we see our user reputation system or who is rating us or even if we are being rated? Whats a good number and whats bad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Click on the Profile tab on top - second from left from home

J

Jefe3223

I'm actually against the different titles. I hate that when I join a forum and i'm immediatly labled lower then people, so often my opinions are passed over. What I loved about being here was the ability for me to join and just start helping people. I think the combination dot and post count and member date is perfectly fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Mr Sprout said:
I know im only new to these forums but i think more titles for users of the forums would be nice. Instead of just Member and Moderator and Admin there could be other titles like Higher Member, Dedicated Mac User, Mac Freak or Mac Obsessive. These could be based on the number of posts the people made but there could also be special ranks. Like Forum Staff or Maclord all with the same priviliges as normal users but new titles.

I think this would encourage people to work to getting new titles through posting useful posts and keeping active on the forums. Some recignition of their dedication to the forums. Sometimes being perminantly stuck at a member status on forums when you're one of the most active members on it can be demoralising. Ive found it a great encouragement on forums before this and I'm sure I would on this one.

Just a thought, thanks for reading.

I am also quite opposed to the idea of member titles. We already have had issues with post count gloating, we do not need another reason for other members to think they better than another based off of time spent on the forum. I can see jeffes side.

Though I will discuss and be open to different point of views when we discuss this with the other mods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
but a combination of both user reputation and titles would help in this issue. it could always be tried out for awhile and then revised if needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
lol...how 'bout iNoob

i like user titles like this, they are simply fun and may be silly
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I don't like the idea of titles, it sounds good to a certain extent, but is overkill considering the post count, user rep system, and joined date which so far are all doing fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Thank you macman.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.