Now that Tiger is shipping how about some tips

Reaction score
I should be installing it tomorrow sometime As a new operator to this stuff and very unfamiliar with how computers operate, I'm hoping you guys with experience have some tips on how to "not" do things as far as upgrading. Must be more than me out here that (for the lack of a better word) have no clue. Anything I need to know or be mindful of before I do this?

D

dstyrk

I would back up your important stuff like contacts and important files to a DVD.

The upgrade should be a piece of cake.. Insert disk, follow instructions. I myself would do the erase and install just to start from scratch.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
you mean a disc, right? Can I just copy everything onto a cd and then choose what I want to keep from there?

D

dstyrk

Umm.. To back up to? Sure anything. But I have a lot of stuff and no external HD so a DVD is much better for me. If I had less than 700MB then I would just use a CD.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
Now comes the dumb part................ how do I do that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.