Suggestions for Getting XP running via bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st Gen Itouch | White MacBook, 2.4ghz, X.6
Hello, First Post!

I switched to Mac in summer of 08 and have been loving every second of it

I have a 80gb Zune from my misguided PC days....

I have done some research and have learned the only way to get my Zune back up and running is with boot camp

I have my old PC laptop running XP Pro, I would just assumed never turn it on again, and it agrees with me since it turns off on it's own after about 30 seconds.

So, on the bottom of my old PC laptop is my XP pro product key, although I do not have a Windows Install CD. So, is there a way for me to DL a copy of windows and get it running with boot camp? I have the product key so I would think this should be possible somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Is there a way to download a copy of Windows? Yes. Legally? No. Is it possible to use your laptop's product key? No.

That product key on the bottom of your PC is tied to that particular machine. You can't use those manufacturer specific keys in Boot Camp, you need to purchase either a retail copy of Windows or get yourself an OEM for System Builders copy (these tend to be much cheaper than retail but you don't get the fancy box, just the disc).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.