Do we have to wait until 6pm to get Tiger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 1GB RAM Superdrive; 12" powerbook 512mb RAM G4 Superdrive
Or can we go into a store earlier and grab it?

M

menace3054

donnation25 said:
Or can we go into a store earlier and grab it?

nope, you gota wait. i think all apple stores are staying open until midnight though

OP
donnation25
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 1GB RAM Superdrive; 12" powerbook 512mb RAM G4 Superdrive
I can't wait until 6.........I'll die

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yep, unless your mail ordered it, you'll need to wait until 6:00 PM to get it from the store.

M

menace3054

normal1 said:
So, today at 6pm? - I'm a complete newbie so I'm as clueless as can be

today at 6, id get there earlier cause theres probably gona be a line

C

code777

my friend just called me from the apple store, he said there is no line as of yet but a few "weirdos" with their iBooks sitting outside the store. It is 3:45PM right now so I assume these "weirdos" are starting a line??? uh oh.

I'm not going to buy it but i want to check out the scene and maybe view a demo of tiger. oh and win some prizes!

Reaction score
No line for me hehehe.I know what I'll be doing , with a nice frosty and a nice comfy chair ;)

Here's your exclusive invitation to the Inside Tiger seminar.

Thank you for your recent purchase of Mac OS X Tiger at the online Apple Store. You are receiving this email because your purchase entitles you to attend our exclusive online seminar anytime between April 29 and June 11, 2005. This is the perfect way to introduce yourself to your new operating system and to get an inside look at Spotlight, Dashboard, and other favorites from the over 200 new features in Tiger.

N

normal1

Hmm.. I hope there isnt a line but where I go the apple store is in the mall. Who knows.. I'll probably just call before I go to see if there's a line. I can always wait 'til tomorrow.. or my day off.

N

normal1

Okay this sucks, I contacted the local apple store and they say if you buy a mac today it wont have the new OS. :\

C

code777

my friend just called me.

forget winning. i guess they will be handing out scratch off tickets (like lotto) and the store has 1700 tickets to last the night (this is for the store near me only!). one person out of 1700 will win the 15" PB. 1 in 850 will win a 30GB iPod. This is between 15 retail stores which means the store I'm going to does not have the winning tickets (I bet)

other prizes include a mini, shuffle, iSight, Airport extreame base station with airtunes, iwork, jbl creatures. and its pretty slim to win anything.

he said now (4:30pm) there are a few more people hanging around the store but still no line yet.

I

IChing

Code, neat avatar (did you make it?)

Anyway where is your store? I'm leaving soon for SLO to pick up mine, I want a ticket. Is that all apple stores that tickets are being handed out?

C

code777

i went to the Farmington, CT store. When I got there the line was pretty long. Did not win a prize of course. But got to watch a demo of Tiger. All I got to say is I think I might be going back tomorrow to buy it. I told myself to wait but... heh heh.

No the avatar was from another site that specialized in avatars and i can't remember where i got it. thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 iMac, 1.8, 1 Gig, airport// G4 PowerMac w/Apple LCD, 12" G4 PowerBook, G3 Clamshell
Fedex delivered mine at 4:00 pm!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
dude, you guys are so lucky to have apple stores because there are none in Canada. there is no store that sells macs in Canada that i know of....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.