Problem unmounting properly Windows

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a MacBook Pro, and yesterday I was watching a video using Windows XP on it, anyways, after I finished, I unplugged the cable and used Mac. Later, I tried to boot on Windows and it just wouldn't go, it appeared a message that the volume hadn't been properly unmounted and now it couldn't be launched... I tried to force it to mount, but no success...

I guess that I didn't unplug the VGA cable correctly since apparently Windows thought it was a external drive and not a VGA cable...

Anyway can I fix this without having to use bootcamp all over again? I already tried to repair Windows installation with the CD, but no success, it simply stops on halfway....

Anyone faced the same problem and successfully unmounted the Windows partition?

Thanks in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If I understand your question correctly.... you had an external drive plugged into your MBP to watch a video while you were booted to Windows XP?

Then you removed the drive and booted to Mac OS X? And now Windows will not boot? It sounds like either the Windows boot sector or boot files may have been corrupted. A proper repair of Windows should fix that though. You say you tried to repair Windows but how did you do the repair?

Refer to this LINK and follow his directions on how to repair Windows XP. After the repair, you will have to do all the security updates again.

If the repair refuses to work, you will probably have to reinstall Windows XP again in order to fix the problem.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.