Mac drivers disc isn't working

Reaction score
Hey, I'm encountering this problem after installing Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit. It says 'This program has known compability issues' when I try opening mac disc 2 to install the codecs. So far I've installed the audio and video codecs, but I need my keyboard to work in Windows 7. Is there a way to download a different version of the codecs from the disc? or is there a simpler explanation to why I keep failing?

I'm using a macbook pro
Intel core duo cpu T7800 2,6GhZ, 2CPUs

And while we're at it, a quick Q.
I just bought 4GB ram for my laptop, my friend told me this macbook was capable of pushing 4GB ram. But in my system info it says only 2.9GB is usable. What gives?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
32 bit Windows is limited to 3 GB.

I thought the BootCamp drivers were on Disk 1 of the original set that comes with your Mac.

And I assume you mean drivers, not codecs?

OP
R
Reaction score
ah yeah, drivers, my bad T_T Most of the time I'm talking about codecs so it's just confusing me, hah!
But you're saying that I'd need 64-bit of Windows in order to gain full usage of my RAM? ****!
I encountered too many errors while trying to install that one. But ah well, thanks for the help. And Disc 1 isn't even being recognized by my machine. Only finds a single .ini file called desktop.ini. The second CD has the drivers, but it refuses to cooperate. The CDs are about 3 years old, but I still need em. I figure they've been updated tons of times, so anybody got a link to the updated drivers? please

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First of all, like bobtomay told you, the drivers for Windows are on DVD 1 not 2. So if you're trying to use DVD 2 from the set, it isn't going to work.

You stated the disks are three years old? What version of OS X are you talking about? Windows drivers are on the Leopard and Snow Leopard DVD not any other version of OS X.

Your entire post is not very clear.... but if you need updated Boot Camp drivers, you can try downloading the Boot Camp 2.1 update for Vista from Apple. There is no official Boot Camp for Win 7 that can be downloaded from Apple.

And the latest version of Boot Camp (3.0) is on the Snow Leopard DVD. Boot Camp 3.0 supports XP and Vista both 32 and 64 bit. Although it does not officially support Win 7, for the most part it works fine since the driver model for Vista and Win 7 are the same.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.