• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

What will apple show debut at WWDC or Paris?

M

metsfan489

What will apple debut at WWDC or Paris?

With upgrades to almost all of apple's hardware lines (eMac, iMac, PowerMac, and an iBook upgrade due soon...) in the next few weeks, it leaves me wondering what apple will show off at WWDC or at the Paris Expo. The only two lines that have not been upgraded are the powerbooks and mac mini's..but they were only released/updated a few months ago. WWDC is a developers conference so Apple is not "obligated" to upgrade any hardware but now that tiger is about to be shipped, they won't have the "big news" to annouce it at WWDC.

Apple likes to have a "shocker" at all their events, so I was wondering what you guys thought would be apple's next "shocker"?

Edit: Corrected grammar in title

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
New displays with 3D technology :) Umm.. a new Apple phone/PDA.. that type of stuff :)

OP
M

metsfan489

falltime said:
We will definitely not be seeing any new Powerbooks @ the DC.
You really think so? Apple has been known to surprise us. I personally think that apple will release some sort of *major* update to the powerbook at either WWDC or Paris Expo. (I'm really hoping for WWDC) The last update only had a small bump in the speeds, not really much of a "worthy" bump. (Sure they made 5400 hd's standard, but wouldn't you expect that from a prosumer line?) It seems strange that the iBook, is so close to the powerbook in specs. The price difference between a ibook and powerbook is hard to justify when its so little a gap.

-metsfan489

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
no it wouldnt make sense as they only updated them a few months ago, i personally want them to unveil the new iMacs that have been on all the rumor sites.

Might spur me into getting one as they will be dual format drives

OP
F

falltime

metsfan489 said:
You really think so? Apple has been known to surprise us. I personally think that apple will release some sort of *major* update to the powerbook at either WWDC or Paris Expo. (I'm really hoping for WWDC) The last update only had a small bump in the speeds, not really much of a "worthy" bump. (Sure they made 5400 hd's standard, but wouldn't you expect that from a prosumer line?) It seems strange that the iBook, is so close to the powerbook in specs. The price difference between a ibook and powerbook is hard to justify when its so little a gap.

-metsfan489

Well... IF apple does announce some kind of enhanced PB (which is very unlikely), it won't be a G5 version, that's for sure. The lengths Apple has taken to keep it's current flagship PB "cool" is absurd, and they still border off temp spec... and if its not a G5 PB, what the heck could it be? And who the heck would care at this point?

The current 2.5GHz 970FX G5 @ the current process (90nm) requires a liquid-cooling system to keep it @ spec. IBM most likely figured something out, and I'd be shocked if we didn't see a dual-core 970MP derivative G5 scaled up to at least 3GHz announced at the DC.

My guess is that we won't see any kind of "G5" Powerbook until Apple moves down to 65nm... which they'll probably announce @ MWSF in Jan. Jobs will probably hint upon it @ the DC keynote, but I doubt he'll anounced a full-fledged G5 PB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
metsfan489 said:

-metsfan489

Who knows it might be a PowerBook G5 ;) ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I doubt itll be new imacs, since imacs were recently updated. maybe some sort of software? for audio or something? I'm pretty unsure, there's not much it could be, so we won't know til we know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
I would love to see a G5 cube. Sure it'd be larger than the Mini, but the added space would provide enough cooling for a G5 and would still retain a form factor much smaller than a full blown PowerMac.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Its probably not going to be ipods there pretty annual, Probably not going to be an update of anything because every update that they would do would just be minor, not gunna be a new G cuz they just went to 2.7, MIGHT be cellphone or pda or tablet mac. and of corse there will be a tiger demo.

Reaction score
How about asteroid? I've heard that it's some sort of interface for using instruments in Garageband. If that's what it was, I would buy one RIGHT AWAY. I've heard some great rumors about it.

OP
I

iMe

When are the next ipods coming out?.....I've been reading around and people are saying that they are due sometime in September?......Maybe Steve will show off come concepts for the ipods/PowerPods.....lol, I just had to add the Power on it!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
i can see apple making a powerpod. it will have recording capabilities

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
no, the ipod can already record audio using third party accessories, and it won't record video, and steve said there will NEVER be a videopod, or any ipod that plays video, I'm leaning toward maybe use of a dual core processor or more than 2 processors in future macs.

OP
Z

zap2

jobs also said that we would have 3ghz powermacs ( along time ago) and we do not so video ipod could happen but not now

i could see a new type of laptop line perhaps( im hoping) that would be cheaper then the ibooks.

Or another flash based ipod because the shuffle did so good

or the ipods could get an update there, were they get rid of the ipod photo and merge it with the ipod line to replace the black and white ipod and the U2 is gone.

A black or orange mini ipod

and the ipod phone could come out there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Macman said:
I'm leaning toward maybe use of a dual core processor or more than 2 processors in future macs.

Me to i dont know how i forgot about that. Ill probably be getting a new 15inch powerbook in late june or july and i really want it be dual core.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Macman said:
there will NEVER be a videopod, or any ipod that plays video,

Yes he did say that but if apple sees a profit in making video ipod i think they will do it. Remember apple might be working on a two button mouse so anything can happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
I'm hoping for more programs in iWork.
It was supposed to be just the "Start" of an AppleWorks replacement. Good Spreadsheet software and maybe a DataBase added to Pages & Keynote would bring my credit card out :)

I need good spreadsheet software but M$ excel isn't an option. M$ anything isn't an option :)
Mesa doesn't work with Tiger at this stage and Mariner Calc has problems too.

Fingers crossed here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
ipod photo mini

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.