new iMac quadcore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
Front

Back

new crucial RAM

just opened up

one new ram put in total 6GB
\

all 4 slots full total 8GB of ram

Screenshot2009-11-20at124214AM.png

whole set up

unboxing and short vid after setup

sry if the sound is not that great all the video was shot from my iphone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Wow, that is a really nice computer.

I knew the 27 iMac was big, but that thing is HUGE!!

Have fun with your new machine. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
That 27" iMac is really really awesome!

The display of a computer is the users "Window" to the computing world...and that 27" display is just absolutely unbelievable! And with the quad-core i7 processor, and the pretty decent video card in this computer...it's just a fantastic package!

In some ways this computer in my mind is almost as good as a Mac Pro...except you get a really awesome monitor included!

Many folks who purchase a Mac Pro buy them for their expandability...but then they really don't do much upgrading. So these quad-core 27" iMacs are really really quite a deal!

I think these 27" quad-core iMacs are probably the hottest thing out there in terms of desktop Macintosh's...and I also think that they are really going to hold their value for a really long time (no good deals on used 27" quad-core iMacs for a really long time)!!! Which is great for folks who buy them new:)...but bad for guys like me who like to buy used.:(

Thanks for the photos,

- Nick

p.s. I'm really not sure you needed to upgrade it to 8 gig of ram...an expensive ugrade...but maybe you are one of the few who actually need it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
My head just exploded...I must buy one. NOW!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My head just exploded...I must buy one. NOW!
Ha ha...since your head just exploded...it sounds like you need a REALLY good doctor more than an iMac!!!
smiley-laughing024.gif

- Nick

Reaction score
Oh..that is nice. I swear, the huge screen landscape there, plus any background wall paper with some depth= it looks like you're staring out a picture window..

Amazing.

OP
macwannabe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
alexsd123 -yes it was much bigger than i really thought it was gonna be. i work on 20" ones in school but i didnt think 27" was gonna be this massive..lol

Pigoo3 - yes it is a abosolute joy to work on and it is crazy fast photoshop, illustrator etc.. opens in 3 seconds or less. Now that is crazy fast, at least to me. I felt the same way you do about this iMac vs the Mac Pro. i was in the market for a Mac Pro and then this baby came out. So i thought about it for a while and figured that i could get this and it would hold me over for a very long time.. i dont see me using 16GB RAM anytime soon. 8GB is faster than i ever thought it could be. So i am set now, and i got iMac and a 13" Macbook Pro for the same price as 1 Mac Pro.

True Bassist - if you get one you wont regret it that is for sure.

Chris H - i definitely feel like it is a window and the main reason i pick this destop picture i did, b/c i felt it is so big.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
It's beautiful. But I can't believe the keyboard is wired! lol

OP
macwannabe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's beautiful. But I can't believe the keyboard is wired! lol

i like the wired keyboard. its a personal preference. i like the numeric keypad and i don't have to replace batteries... i will already have to replace batteries for the magic mouse. don't need an added bill for batteries...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Wow man! VERY NICE! I love your set up there! :)

congrats!

T

todd51

i like the wired keyboard. its a personal preference. i like the numeric keypad and i don't have to replace batteries... i will already have to replace batteries for the magic mouse. don't need an added bill for batteries...lol

I like the wired keyboard too. I already had one so I kept my order for the wireless, just to see which one I liked better. I do use the wireless one for OSX, and the wired one for Win7 (gaming) since the bluetooth connectivity seems to drop quite a bit on me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
The 27 inch iMac is actually .1 inches shorter than the previous generation 24 inch... the reduced the size of the chin. :) So, more screen, but less vertical pixel count and overall height.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac 8,2. 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM. OSX 10.6..... Macbook pro, 2.4GHz 4GB DDR3 1067MHz
don't need an added bill for batteries...lol
Rechargeables work great ;) by the way VERY nice Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't have one yet, but would like one for my design work
Macwannabe...

A little while ago I was doing an Adobe Illustrator CS4 tutorial which created a chocolate ripple effect. My computer ran out of allocated ram (HP Pavillion dv9000 -64 bit- with 2.4GHz T8300 Core2Duo, 4GB RAM and GeForce 8600M GS video card with 512MB RAM).

The effect is caused by using the 3D Tools in Illustrator and is fairly graphics intensive.

How does the new iMac handle this sort of thing and would you be better off upgrading things like the processor power and RAM?

Have a good one,

Tim.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.