PC Ctrl F3

Reaction score
Hello forum! Thanks for having me.
I hope someone can help me out here.
I am using Quicken for Windows on a Mac through Fusion.
I have a need to get into a specific window that is "hidden" in Quicken. On a Windows machine, I would just hold down ctrl + f3 and click on the link to open it, but what combination do I use on the Mac to create the same function? Reminder - this is a Windows app being run through Fusion on the Mac. Thanks for any suggestions.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hello forum! Thanks for having me.
I hope someone can help me out here.
I am using Quicken for Windows on a Mac through Fusion.
I have a need to get into a specific window that is "hidden" in Quicken. On a Windows machine, I would just hold down ctrl + f3 and click on the link to open it, but what combination do I use on the Mac to create the same function? Reminder - this is a Windows app being run through Fusion on the Mac. Thanks for any suggestions.:)

As you can see from this it depends on what OS u are using - this is snow leopard;

Click for full size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
Usually, Ctrl on Windows = Apple key on Macs.
Alternatively, you could always plug in a PC USB keyboard when using Fusion/Quicken (or even all the time).
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Since you're running it through VMWare Fusion, it shouldn't be any different. If it isn't working with just Control-F3, try holding the Function (fn) key and trying it again. The F keys are used by default for special functions such as screen brightness and volume in Mac OS X, and to use them as regular F keys, you have to hold Function (or change this preference in System Preferences).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Wait. In Mac OS X, control+fn+F3 moves the attention to the dock. Maybe what you want to do is set the keyboard shortcut in VMWare that translates the  key into the ctrl key.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Wait. In Mac OS X, control+fn+F3 moves the attention to the dock. Maybe what you want to do is set the keyboard shortcut in VMWare that translates the  key into the ctrl key.
Heh, I forgot about that. But doesn't VMWare capture the keyboard input (I've never used it)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.