• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

backup dvd's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I have about 200DVD's I buy just about every new release that comes out, i keep copies of them all at my brothers house so that I can watch them over there because we turned his basement into a home theater with a projector and all and was wondering if there is any software out there for the mac to allow you to back up your dvd's? i use to have it on my pc but it got stollen over the weekend so i no longer have it to use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if this is legal, and making copies of your own dvds is, heres how I do it:
mactheripper to rip, dvd2onex to compress, if necessary, like if you got the menus and extras, then burn in toast under the data tab as a dvd rom udf.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
Or........as an alternative to Vincents method......

Mactheripper to Rip, Popcorn to burn

You can get MacTheRipper from versiontracker or Download.com

Popcorn (or toast) youd have to pay for

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.