bug in OSX/iMac or Adobe software

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here , and already a frustrating question ...:)

I'm just the happy and proud owner of a IMAC 27 ,
I work as a photographer , and found out that this system is more then powerfull enough to handle my daily work , and the glossy screen is not that bad at all ...,

so now of to photoshop etc

Inside photoshop , you can go to file => scripts and then image processor ,
you can use this from bridge or straight in CS4 ,
In this session you can batch resize image or have a action loaded onto them , very handy ,
but , now the funny thing

Seems I'm not able to enter numeric values from my imac keyboard,
this is the tiny small new wireless keyboard where I have to hold shift to type numbers ...

In any other screen in photoshop I have no problem entering numeric values , but in this quality and pixel size input area I am not able to type in anything ...

I alway get the "bump" sound , you get when something is not allowed ...
Copy pasting doesn't do the trick neither

Can this be a bug ?
I don't have a spare full size keyboard available at the moment to test if it would work like that , but think it would be kindy stupid the small wireless keyboard isn't always suppported ...

It is acutally the same action you would have to do typing on a macbook ,

any help / input would be verymuch appreciated !

Thanks a lot

Robin.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hold Shift to type 1-9 and 0? On a Macbook it's the other way around, Hold Shift to type the @ # $ over the numbers. I have not messed with that new little BT keyboard, but I doubt they would do that. Are you talking the numbers at the top of the keyboard?

OP
K
Reaction score
yes I mean the small new keyboard with the numbers on top , it doesn't have a numeric pad at the right side ...

Well I always have to hold shift to be able to enter numbers,

but that is not a problem to me ,

it's those specific fields who don't let me input numbers

do you have photoshop on your mac ?

or somebody who could go inside the image processor and try to type in data ?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I don't own CS4, just CS which is quite a bit different and will not run under Snow Leopard, so I can not try that for you. I am sure some other user here with CS4 will see this and speak up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
just tried this out under CS4 ona MacBook Pro ... and I have the same problem, there is a field called Quality in the Image Processor window, It doesnť input anything with shift+(whatever is on the numbers) ... in my case I have little different setup, I need to press shift to get numbers, otherwise it types characters native to my language (European keyboard)

So I guess it's a bug in CS4, however I can type numbers in any other common field like brush size, opacity, tolerance etc.

OP
K
Reaction score
thanks a lot for that test ,
now we just need another test of somebody with the fullsize keyboard to try to typ in numbers ,

if that works , that this could be a problem with the shift button
and then I'll just get a full sized one

I also have to type the shift buttons, and strangely the fields do accept input without shift (so no numeric values , but characters)

this is really bad as I need to use this on daily base and didn't have this issue on pc

starting to regret my jump to mac :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
ok I might have a solution for you, sorry for not posting earlier though

switch your keyboard layout to USA, so that you don't need to press shift while typing, you can just have the keyboard layout icon in you upper right menu for easy access

I think this is a Snow Leopard specific issue, but switching keyboard layouts does help, hopefully an update from Adobe will be out soon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.