backwards capability of Tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
I have never had to update the OS on my PC or a Mac. When I install Tiger will I have to reinstall all of the freeware, MS Office, etc. that I have installed on Panther? I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.

I

IChing

No you shouldn't have too, but do a backup none the less of your hard drive whenever you install something as major as this.. Don't worry it's a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
as long as you do an upgrade installation or archive & install, all your files, apps, and settings will be untouched for the most part. I would check with the sites/developers of any freeware apps, or others, just to check for tiger compatibility, as many apps, mostly free/share ware may not be tiger compatible yet.

Reaction score
csuazo said:
I have never had to update the OS on my PC or a Mac. When I install Tiger will I have to reinstall all of the freeware, MS Office, etc. that I have installed on Panther? I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.

There are no stupid questions .When asked appropriately

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.