• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iMac G5 H/W updated ...hopefully

B

badmojo

I've read many mac threads about people holding out for h/w updates from Apple, esp for the iMac and the Power Mac. Tomorrow may be a 'magical' day, as [I guess] Apple prefers to disclose product updates on Tuesdays. I hope it's true. The iMac h/w specs need an update, even if it's a std ram upgrade and/or a vram upgrade.

We'll see......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
*selfishly hopes for no update to the iMac so that his nearly new unit will remain top of the line for as long as possible* ;)

-Chris

OP
B

blackscooby

selfishly curses at bassplayrr for such selfishness ;) such that I can buy an iMac at the "top of the ladder".

OP
C

code777

bassplayrr said:
*selfishly hopes for no update to the iMac so that his nearly new unit will remain top of the line for as long as possible* ;)

-Chris

I AGREE :p I got mine in late FEB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
code777 said:
I AGREE :p I got mine in late FEB.

Yeah, despite the fact that my user info shows my join date as Jan., I didn't actually get my iMac until the second or third week of Feb. as well. I guess we'd better just get used to the idea as an upgrade is going to happen sooner or later. I would rather it just be later. :)

-Chris

Reaction score
Well today is pretty much over and still no update on Apple's site. I was hoping to see an update also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Apple has told AppleInsider and other sites:

"Amazon.com shouldn't have done that," an Apple online store representative commented on the Amazon leak. "The Apple Store will be up and running tomorrow morning with the new Power Macs."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
NOOOOOOOO!!!! I should have waited! I got my iMac around March for the next school year. My mom told me I should wait since there may be newer things that will come out. Foolishly, I convinced her that it's OK to get my new computer early since "I did my research". She gave in and I got my iMac. NOOO!

OP
C

code777

hey don't worry about. There is NO WAY to keep up. I mean seriously - if you got your iMac G5 then be happy with what you have. Don't worry about upgrading for another 3yrs or if for some crazy reason Apple comes out with a super iMac G6 then well...

but seriously be happy with what you have and ENJOY it! Besides the upgrades aren't going to be astronomical. Processor speed isn't like its jumping significantly.

Just be happy!

OP
C

code777

no upgraded iMacs. I have a feeling they won't be upped for a while seeing they kept the 1.8 PowerMac

Reaction score
It would be nice if the older models had a decent sale going on. A new model Dual 2.0Ghz is only $100 more than an old model 2.0GHz.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looks like my iMac dodged the update bullett for one more day...

-Chris

Reaction score
Don't tell me mine is outdated already? Am I understanding this correctly?

OP
C

code777

well my 1.6Ghz is outdated now. But i mean it all depends on what you are doing with the machine.

no more 1.6

entry level 1.8ghz is well not very entry level, awesome specs and at the same price! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.