from Parallels back to Bootcamp (need help)

Reaction score
Hi
I have a MacBook Pro with Parallels XP installed. SO far it has al worked perfectly but today i bought Risen (RPG with high system requirements). I could install it but when i tried to launch it a message appeared that the graphic card was insufficient.
After informing myself I know now that Parallels only emulates the gracard and not well enough.
I think that i could play the game in Bootcamp?!

My questions now: Will there be (how soon) an update/new version of Parallels that actually emulates the gracard well enough?
Would i lose my data on Windows XP if I changed to Bootcamp? (How can I do that)
Could I run Bootcamp and Parallels? (Bootcamp when playing, Parallels when using OS X and XP simultaneously?

Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My questions now: Will there be (how soon) an update/new version of Parallels that actually emulates the gracard well enough?

Parallels 5 was just recently released...if you like Parallels...that's the best your going to do for a while in terms of Parallels compatibility.

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.