Looking for opinions to help me decide

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm having some trouble deciding which one to go with. im looking into the used macbook market and found a used macbook unibody and a used macbook black.

the black macbook has:
2.2ghz intel core 2 duo
4gig ram
160gb hard drive
GMA x3100
excellent condition

the unibody macbook has stock specs:
2.0ghz intel core 2 duo
2gig ram
etc...

i just want to know which one would most of you guys out there prefer...i personally am leaning towards the black macbook since it looks so unique to me. however, the aluminum body of the new one kinda makes me want the unibody.

if a few of you can just lay some insight about this i'd really appreciate it

(I'm talking about purely cosmetic-wise decision here.)

thank you!

Reaction score
If anything, nobody should invest money on anything based upon its looks. But if you really are going to ignore everything else other than how a computer looks, I say go for the unibody. The plastic Macbook series has a lot of structural design flaws, and they are bound to show up after a year or two. Cracks will start to appear here and there, and it's just sad to look upon. I know, because I have the white Macbook.

OP
K
Reaction score
If anything, nobody should invest money on anything based upon its looks. But if you really are going to ignore everything else other than how a computer looks, I say go for the unibody. The plastic Macbook series has a lot of structural design flaws, and they are bound to show up after a year or two. Cracks will start to appear here and there, and it's just sad to look upon. I know, because I have the white Macbook.

well i mentioned cosmetic because the macbook's im choosing between has the same specs almost (besides the graphics chip and higher FSB). anywho...that cracking problem is indeed annoying. hmmm...i suppose the unibody will have to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Not to mention the blackbook has an intel GMA vs the nvidia chip in the unibody (which i am running), and a crappier trackpad (unlike the beautiful multi-touch gem of a trackpad on the unibody... which i am running).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.