• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple named among top 10 most innovative companies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Apple named among top 10 most innovative companies
September 30, 2003 - 13:42 EDT Apple was named as one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in a new report released by Cheskin, a strategic consulting and research firm, and Fitch:Worldwide, an international brand and design firm. Surprisingly, Apple finished behind both Microsoft and Dell. "The study surveyed over 500 senior business executives across the U.S. in a wide range of industry sectors, asking them in-depth questions on their companies' innovation practices, including specific approaches, level of authority and leadership, spending trends, success metrics and the influence of major industry trends." The 35-page report, "Fast, Focused & Fertile: the Innovation Evolution," is available for free online and can be downloaded from Cheskin or Fitch:Worldwide.

My Comments: Yeah I don't have any idea how Apple finished behind Microsoft and Dell.. but then again since the PC is more widely used.. I guess I could see executives keeping up with the PC market and not the Apple market.. so they wouldnt realize that Apple is most definitely more innovative.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
hey at least they are gettin there cred

F

Fomer

My Comments: Yeah I don't have any idea how Apple finished behind Microsoft and Dell.. but then again since the PC is more widely used.. I guess I could see executives keeping up with the PC market and not the Apple market.. so they wouldnt realize that Apple is most definitely more innovative.

Keep in mind Dell is innovative, I mean who else could take an idea Apple has done for awhile and completly rip it off and try and market as their idea. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I guess I don't know the meaning of innovation.

Innovation (verb)

To steal or copy someone's ideas, make it your own.

X

Xer0

Murlyn said:

With that said, PC's became popular as a business tool because they were cheap and mass adopted by smaller companies at their genesis. Apple wouldn't licence any of their intellectual property, during their humble beginings - but IBM did. With that said, IBM gave birth to Intel.

On the subject of innovation... how many of you agree with the following article:

http://www.theinquirer.org/?article=11822

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
An interesting read.. not sure what I think though.. i guess we should take a look at what Apple stated and see if it coincides.. because Apple wouldnt make claims it couldnt back up and could get suid for due to false advertising :)

X

Xer0

Murlyn said:
An interesting read.. not sure what I think though.. i guess we should take a look at what Apple stated and see if it coincides.. because Apple wouldnt make claims it couldnt back up and could get suid for due to false advertising :)

I suppose - but what the article is mainly emplying is , the 64-bit version of OS-X hasn't shipped - therfore making Apple's claims, null. any hoot - we all know 64-bits is the next revolution waiting to hit the PC - that will surely benefit everyone.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I thought every single G5 was 64 bit? and they came out way before that article was written...

X

Xer0

Murlyn said:
I thought every single G5 was 64 bit? and they came out way before that article was written...
Yah - the hardware is 64-bit - there just making a meal about the lack of a 64-bit O/S.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The 64 bit OS will be available before you know it. The problem is will the software be there. When the OS is fully 64 bit, there will be 32 bit binaries included so that the 32 bit software will still run, even thou the processor can handle 32 bit processoring.

X

Xer0

Yah - i've pretty much followed the hardware development of the PowerPC chip - and it was co developed with IBM and [ the company Apple fail to mention ] AMD. I'm pretty certain these new flavour, 64-bit chips use some Alpha technology - especially for memory management. But we call that, the hyper-transport.

Time goe's by quickly - and we will have a 64-bit o/s when available in both Apple and Microsoft flavours - question is, who will be first? [ Does it even matter :rolleyes: ] But when u think about it... Apple announced the worlds first 64-bit desktop - without a 64-bit o/s so i guess it does matter to those, who like to get into the nitty gritty.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Xer0 said:
Yah - i've pretty much followed the hardware development of the PowerPC chip - and it was co developed with IBM and [ the company Apple fail to mention ] AMD. I'm pretty certain these new flavour, 64-bit chips use some Alpha technology - especially for memory management. But we call that, the hyper-transport.

Time goe's by quickly - and we will have a 64-bit o/s when available in both Apple and Microsoft flavours - question is, who will be first? [ Does it even matter :rolleyes: ] But when u think about it... Apple announced the worlds first 64-bit desktop - without a 64-bit o/s so i guess it does matter to those, who like to get into the nitty gritty.

I believe it was the worlds first 64 bit consumer desktop computer. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.